Open Chair Position!
Our Advocacy Chair will help keep your local PTSA informed on the latest issues and bills in Olympia that effect our students and educators. If you do not have a Advocacy Chair for your PTSA, you should consider asking a volunteer to serve in this position. Our Advocacy Chair can help your local PTSA understand the importance of being involved in advocating for our students. For more information, click on the Advocacy page of the Washington State PTA website.
Top Five 2017 Legislative Priorities
1. Social Emotional Learning*
2. Amply Fund Basic Education*
3. Closing the Opportunity Gap*
4. Standards for Para-educators*
5. Breakfast after the Bell*
2018 Issues Also Supported (listed alphabetically)
- Addressing the Teacher Shortage
- Best Practices for School Meal Policies
- Career Connected Learning, CTE & Stem
- Dual Credit Equality & Support
- Engaging Families in Student Success
- Equity for Highly Capable
- Improving Educational Outcomes for Foster Children
- Post-Secondary/Higher Education Access and Affordability
- Preventing and Mitigating the Impacts of Gender-based Violence
- Removing Barriers to Implementing ECEAP (Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program)
- Restorative Justice and School Safety
- School Construction and Class Size Reduction
Copyright © 2018 Highline Council PTSA - All Rights Reserved.